7 Ways for Making Chores Fun
The house is in a continual state of disaster and it doesn't seem like anyone wants to do their chores ever. All you hear is whining and stomping of feet when you ask them to clean up. What is a mom to do?
We put together 7 ways to make chores more fun. Because why not just have a good laugh or think that it is game. If it helps make your house cleaning, I would call it a win-win!
- Hide fun treasures throughout the house of what the chore may consist of. So if it is, to take the trash out, put a little treat in where the new trash bags are. Mix it up so that they can be intrigued with trying to figure out where the prize will be in their task.
- Set a timer for ten minutes and make it a race to see how everyone can clean before the timer goes off. Reward the winner with an extra 10 minutes of screen time.
- Turn a bucket into a personalized cleaning caddy for each of your kids. Let them decorate it however they want and write them names on them. They will feel excited about proud of their caddy and have them go get it when it is time to help you clean around the house.
- When it comes to cleaning up toys, have them pick up toys by color and put them away. Go through the rainbow to get all toys put back. Kids will enjoy the game and having to spot the right colors as they go.
- Create a chore bingo cards. Everytime they complete a chore they get to X it out on their card. Once they get BINGO reward them with a fun treat. Once they get BINGO have them focus on blacking out the whole card.
- Buy a treasure chest full of fun toys and candies that you kids love. Put a chart up in the house where everyone can see and mark a X everytime they complete a chore. The kid who completes the most chores by the end of the week gets to go to treasure chest.
- Play sock go fish. When all the laundry is clean gather all the socks in a bin. Pass out 5 socks like cards and play go fish.
Get creative and have some fun with chores. Blast some music and sing and dance together while you do them. Soon enough they will beg to be doing the chores and your house will look sparkling clean in no time.
Kelsey Glynn is a blogger and owner of Social Graces, a business to support others in their social media needs. She is a contributing blog writer for East Valley Moms Blog, a social media content creator, and an avid photo taker. You can catch her adventuring around AZ and living the mom life on Instagram.
- Tags: Chores Tips + Tricks
- Kelsey Glynn